Saturday 11 April 2020

It's all Black and White

Hello again. How are you holding up in isolation? As much as I miss catching up with friends and going places, I must confess I'm getting some great creative time in!

I thought I'd try another one of the challenges over at ScrappingClearly Virtual Cyber Crop The challenge is to use black and white. I found the total lack of other colour quite challenging, but that's what challenges are for!


On one of our many walks we've been doing as a family, we walked through part of the area the big Scotsburn fire burnt through a few years ago. The trees are mostly growing back, which is wonderful to see. My daughter loved peering up at the enormous trees above her. Compared to the trees, she's only a tiny figure in the photo so I added a frame around her to highlight her.


I added lots of stamping, stencilling and painting to add impact to the page. I cut the feathers from some serviettes that I 'borrowed' from a friend when I went there for dinner and tied them to my arrow. They add a great sense of movement.


This was fun!


Happy scrappin'!


Heather



2 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING that photo, the way you framed it and loving the little bows and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that photo is awesome.. those trees are so tall!!!! I love the feathers tied with string, and the back ground details are fabulous..

    ReplyDelete