Monday 13 April 2020

Creepy-crawlies!

Hi there!

Ooohhh, I've got a skin-crawling layout for you today! The new challenge over at More Than Words is to be inspired by the word 'Everyday' and to add 'Bugs or Birds' to your project.

I decided to create a layout about a very creepy experience. In Cambodia, we went to what is nicknamed the Spider Market. This was not your average everyday market. You could buy all sorts of creepy-crawlies here to eat! Particularly spectacular were the tarantulas. They're enormous. Yes, that's a live tarantula on John's shirt!


These tarantulas are deep-fried and eaten. A guy we were with tried one. My stomach heaved every time he took a bite. I think I'd rather starve.......

I've been on a mission lately to use up the stack of partly-created backgrounds that I have. This one was just a couple of swipes of metallic paint on white cardstock. I added stamping and lots of bits and pieces from my scraps drawer.



What does the word 'Everyday' inspire you to create about? Is there something you do every day? Or have you had an experience that isn't 'everyday', like me? Either way, we'd love to see your entry at More Than Words. You can find the challenge details here.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather



2 comments:

  1. YUCK!!! You are all braver than me, I wouldn't have even gone! LOL!! I love that you documented this though!!! Very clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwww this tarantula is so big !! I can´t think I could have one on my jacket upssss. Your Layout is really wonderful Heather, I like the background, the stamps and the colours you have choosen.
    I wish you are well, stay safe at home,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete