Sunday 28 October 2018

The Colours of Autumn

Hello! I've been very inspired lately by a number of challenges. There are some gorgeous mood boards around at the moment! The ones that influenced this creation are Our Mixed Media MoodsArt Playground,  Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo and CSI- Color, Stories, Inspiration. I have never entered four challenges with one project before but these all feature autumn leaves or an autumn theme!

Firstly, here's my project. It could be classified as a layout or art journal page but it will go into my album and fits on 12 x 12 paper so I'll call it a layout! I had so much fun making this.


I've included many of my favourite techniques on this project. Black, white and book paper is a favourite combo of mine. In this case it's black, cream and book paper as the book paper I used is fairly old and has a yellowed look about it - awesome! The messy stitching is something I use a lot - I love it! I also used some of my favourite products such as the punch along the right hand side and the Tinby Designs Colour Crush on the background.

I used a metallic copper paint through a stencil and matched it with a funky copper-coloured fibre.


I wanted to highlight the leaves on the Dusty Attic chipboard so I found a punch that had tiny little pieces that are roughly leaf-shaped. I punched these shapes out of book paper and added these to the chipboard. It was fiddly work but I love the result.



I love messy stitching!


The photo was taken in a gorgeous forest in Italy where the leaves were just starting to turn a stunning yellow. Coming from Australia, we don't see many forests with autumn leaves so I was pretty excited by this!

Two of the challenges I'm entering are intertwined. The challenge at Art Playground is to use some colours from their mood board and to be inspired by 'My Muse'. Here's the mood board:


I used a range of the olive colours on my background as well as the more coppery colour. The colours look metallic here so I used metallic copper paint. I am inspired by a number of amazing scrappers and artists and one of these is the incredible DeeDee Catron. I love her quirky style and the way she creates pieces that look stunning without being cluttered. She is definitely 'My Muse'.

DeeDee helps run Our Mixed Media Moods which also has a challenge this month. After watching DeeDee's video I rushed straight to the scrap room and created this piece. Here's the mood board:


I was inspired by the photo in the bottom right corner, as well as the text on the aged-looking pieces in the top left photo. DeeDee's creation for this challenge is awesome! You can check it out here.

The challenge up at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo is to use leaves. Easy!


I have autumn leaves in my photo, book paper leaves on my chipboard and some plain chipboard leaves in the corner of my photo under the title.

Last, but certainly not least, the other challenge that was sitting on my desk as I made this was CSI. Again, it's an autumn- themed mood board.


I clues I used are:
Evidence:
Book paper
Leaves and branches
Fall-themed elements
Twine
Something woven (the copper fibre)
Distressing
Testimony:
Document something about autumn
The Scheme:
Khaki and flax yellow (on the background)
Dark, dark brown (on the branches)

Phew - that was a long post! I hope you can jump on board and join in some of the challenges too!


Happy scrappin'!

Heather

8 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! I love all the details on the back ground and sweet photo too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's one thing to see a post on FB and admire it, but it's another thing entirely to visit the blog and read all the interesting back stories, see the close ups and learn what inspires other scrappers. A wonderfully eclectic page about your travels. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that photo and the story behind it (we live in Arizona, and it is literally a DESERT, so I get NEVER seeing Fall leaves... I miss them!!!) and loveeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is stunning Heather!! I so love the book paper used for the background. The colour palette is gorgeous and I love the chippies and bits of fibre you incorporated into the design! Absolutely awesome page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwww Heather !! Love love this Layout !! it´s jus GORGEOUS !! The papers, background, every detail is wonderful!! Congrats !
    I wish you a very nice Wednesday, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  6. is FABULOUS page heather love the details like stitching <3 Thanks so much for play with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page Heather, I love those colours against the book paper, all the layers of texture, the way you've written your journaling in a column down the edge and those leaves on the chipboard branches look so cool - but most of all, the photo is still the star of the show :o) THanks for playing with us at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page, Heather! Your background work is awesome. Love all the textures, and the tiny text paper leaves are so cool on the gnarly tree branches. And what a beautiful photo. So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete