Friday 19 October 2018

Petticoats and Pleats

Hello there!

I got a bit excited when I saw the challenge over at 13arts. The challenge board is called 'Petticoats and Pleats' and is all about retro dressmaking. When I was young, my mum made most of my clothes. I have some gorgeous photos of me all dressed up in mum's finest creations, but my favourite photo is this one. I must have been two or three years old. I was clearly absolutely delighted with this fantasy of tulle, judging my the look on my face. I was 'All Smiles'.


My journaling at the bottom explains how I must have felt like a fairy princess.

I used papers from 13arts' stunning new Aqua Flora range plus bits and pieces from an older range. I lightly gessoed over the Shades of Black paper, allowing the numbers to peep through in places. On top of that I layered up Tinby Designs Colour Crush, Lindy's Magicals and a variety of stamps.


I coated most of my Dusty Attic chippies with silver Metallic Melts, again from Tinby Designs. I love this chunky, shiny effect. Very glam but a bit rugged at the same time ;)


I mixed some Colour Crush and Magicals with water to make watercolours and painted my butterflies with them so they coordinated with the rest of the layout.


Obviously, my main inspiration from the challenge board was the overall theme of vintage, hand-made clothes but I also used machine stitching, loose thread and an old photo. I hung a round chippie from the photo cluster.


I hope you can join in at 13arts. Here's the challenge board. You can find the details here.


Thanks for taking the time to have a look. I had such fun making this!


Happy scrappin'!

Heather

11 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeee this! What a sweet photo of 'little' you and love the colors!! GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is fabulous Heather! I loooove the photo .. you were such a cutie .. and I love all the white space too!! The colours are gorgeous and I love the touches of silver! A truly stunning page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful layout Heather !! Absolutely wonderful, love the gorgeous colours, layers and embellishments.
    I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Heather, love the painted butterfly too...love the gorgeous photo...sweetness on paper hey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous, I love that sweet photo, the layers and the colors.. a new fav for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather! What a gorgeous take on this challenge. Your layout is creative and beautiful. And I love, LOVE your photo!!!! It is so full of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww....that photo of you is just adorable! How awesome to have your mum make most of your clothes!
    Love the little details and the colour combo on your cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this up on FB and just had to call in to say it really made my day!. What a deliriously happy smile on your face in your frou frou dress! A fantastic memory to scrap and you've kept the purple and silver to a minimum, so as not to swamp that gorgeous grin. I love everything about this page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one...beautiful! thanks for playing along with us at 13 Arts :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!Lovw it! Thank you for playing along with us at 13Arts!

    ReplyDelete