Monday 1 November 2021

Showing Gratitude at More Than Words

Welcome back to a new challenge at More Than Words! This month, you need to create an art journal page inspired by the word GRATITUDE and use the colours from our challenge board image.

I came up with this:



I really enjoyed making this one although the detailed work on the face ended up driving me crazy! I rashly decided I was going to do a collage so I took a geli print and punched small circles from it then put these together to make the face. It took me ages! I really like how it turned out though.

I added some ArtStacks eyes and made her features a bit imperfect - crooked eyes, crooked mouth, different coloured eyes etc.


Almost the whole piece is made from geli prints. The only exceptions are the ArtStacks gingko leaves and the ArtStacks trees that form the base of the background. These are both from the new Trees & Leaves stack. I even used the leftover punched geli strip paper to write my title on.


I hope you can join us at More Than Words this month. You can find the challenge here.


Happy journalin'!

Heather


2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks amazing.. and all those circles.. how inventive!! Love the thought of imperfection.. arent we all!!?? fabulous creating!! and thanks for your comments on my blog.. I hope I get time to join in with this challenge too..

    ReplyDelete