Saturday 13 March 2021

Queen of Poppies

Hello! I've been playing with my ArtStacks papers again! I was influenced by two inspirational artists for this page - Lisa Oxley and Megan Whisner-Quinlan. Lisa has made a couple of art journal pages using ArtStacks' poppies paper as a dress and I wanted to give that idea a go. Megan recently made an awesome page of a Queen of Hearts. This inspired me to make a Queen of Poppies page. Surely every deck of cards needs another suit? Haha.


I used one of the gorgeous faces from the Faces & Figures stack, dressed her in a dress made from the poppies paper from the Anemones & Friends stack and gave her a gold crown. 


For a bit of fun I added some diamonds, hearts, clubs and spades to the background and a large 'Q', like a playing card has, in the corner.

I'd love to see what you can create with ArtStacks' faces and poppy paper!

Happy scrappin'!

Heather


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Heather.. I hope you dont think i am weird but I thought of Anzac day and all the nurses who helped in the wars.. The poppies always are a symbol of anzac day and rememberance day to me.. anyhooo I really like what you have created here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Heather. I'm really loving how you are using your Art Stacks. Haven't done a lot of creating myself lately, just can't get enthusiastic about cards at the moment, although I have been making a few books which I'm really enjoying. Thank you for the lovely comments you've left on my blog for me. I really appreciate them. Hoping to get back to sharing a few more things soon. Really love what you are creating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post I really appreciate the way its written. Keep it up the good work.
    Source: Farmtrac Tractor

    ReplyDelete