Monday 8 February 2021

Always Smile.....

Ooohh, have Kraft+ got an amazing challenge for you this month! You need to be inspired by Kitty McCall. Don't stress if you haven't heard of her - neither had I! I had to google her and I became intrigued by the way she layers leaves so I decided to give that a go.

Here's the end result.


To make my Kitty McCall paper, I made some simple stencils then layered up a mix of leaves using freehand painting, stencilling and paper-piecing. I've got a bit to learn about this style (and about how to deal with paints that have dried up since I last used them!) but I really love the bright, busy result.


When I made the paper design, I didn't have a photo in mind, which in unusual for me. When I found the pic of us in masks, and mine was floral, I just had to use it. It got me thinking about the fact that we can't see facial expresssions when we wear masks so I made up the quote "Always smile, even if nobody can tell". I think it's so appropraite for our times!


I hope you get inspired by this challenge and join us. You can find the details here.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

2 comments:

  1. Super project , love the colours, paper whole layout, looks awesome.. ...Have a lovely week. .xx
    Robot is around me again.. ggggr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep-I think I smile more (hope it shows in my eyes). A fun page.

    ReplyDelete