Monday 21 December 2020

An ArtStacks Journey

Welcome back!

The end of 2020 has been such a busy time for us as we've just released our first New Releases at ArtStacks! And I feel so lucky to be the first one to use them. They don't come much more hot off the press than this!

So the first of the New releases is called The Homemaker, a vintage-themed stack based around the life of an early-mid 20th Century housewife. It has 8 pages of gorgeous old-world roses, vintage book papers (some nearly 100 years old), vintage sheet music, pianola roll paper and dress patterns. Many of the pages are unque - no two stacks are the same. How cool is that?

Anyway, I used the printed pianola roll as my background to make this.


Everything on this page is from The Homemaker stack, except the title which is from the Faces & Figures stack.

I adore the printed pianola roll! Here's a tip - layer it over another paper and the colour of the underneath paper will show through the punched holes. Different colours can give surprisingly different effects. I used black here but I could have used white or pink. It's such a unique way to put your own touch to a page.

My layers behind the photo are cut from the page of roses printed on canvas photo paper, plus the other sheet of pianola roll (which I sprayed with pink spray) as well as some of the old book paper. I didn't use the 1920's paper on this one - I'm saving that for a feature piece.


We'd love it if you could pop over to our social media for a look. You find us here:

Happy scrappin'!





1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing, love the layers under the photo and the background looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete