Tuesday 8 September 2020

Going Geometric!

 Hello again!

Have you seen the new challenge over at Kraft + yet? The challenge is to Go Geometric! Well that one got me thinking.  Here's what I made:



I had a clear idea of what I wanted to make and the triangles came out pretty much as planned. I happened to find the stencil though when I was looking for something to put on the background and it was so perfect for the geometric challenge that I couldn't resist it. 

I knew this design would be great for using up paper scraps so I raided my leftovers drawers. Some of the paper is really old but I jazzed the page up by adding some very recent geli prints and stitching. I had it in my head that I wanted blanket stitching on the large red triangle. I contemplated doing it by hand for about 3 seconds then I did it on the machine! As usual, I did lots of messy stitching too.



I kept the leftover paper scraps theme going by making a flower out of coordinating scraps. I love how it turned out. I almost finished off a packet of Heidi Swapp stickers on this but couldn't quite do it. I never seem to finish packs of anything!



I sure hope you can join us this month. You can find the challenge here.



Happy scrappin'!


Heather









4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! LOVING the triangles and how you used one to frame the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks marvelous, love the background and love the cut out photo too.. fabulous inspiration for this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page so much and love,love,love the stitching and all the thread. Really looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete