Wednesday 1 January 2020

New Year and Exciting New Changes at More Than Words!

Happy New Year! I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful, happy and healthy year for you and your families.

The New Year is a very exciting time at More Than Words, as we are undergoing the biggest changes we've seen since our inception four years ago. With a new Admin Team as well as a new Design Team on board, we have heaps of news ways for you to get involved! Head to our blog HERE to find out what we're up to!

The first challenge is up and running and you have to be inspired by the word HIGHLIGHT and use SUNSET COLOURS on your project. I'll let you in a secret - one of the changes is that you can create any kind of project you like, except for cards, tags, ATCs and postcards, as these can be entered in our Mini Challenges. With this in mind I made something completely different - I made a cover for my desk diary.


I know I'm old-fashioned in that I still use a desk diary but I find that it's what works for me. I've been thinking for a couple of years that I'd like to jazz up the boring covers on my diaries, but I wasn't sure how. With this challenge in mind, I thought back on 2019 looking for HIGHLIGHTS. Of course there were a few, but one of my creative highlights was the discovery of gelli printing. I love it! I've been madly printing ever since. It took some nutting out trying to work out how to cover my diary with prints but I got there in the end.

I created the gelli prints with stencilling and stamping then added more stencilling and stamping on top. I love the mixture of textures and colours. I used yellows, oranges and pinks as my SUNSET COLOURS. I even added some gold stencilling that looks like sun rays.



I lined the inside with paper and added a pocket.


So what would you like to create for our challenge? You can find all the details here.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather


6 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Loving the colors! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful, colorfull cover.. I really love that design. Happy New Year dear Heather... and all the best for 2020 xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love your mix of prints. I really need to get my Gelli plate out again. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover looks wonderful Heather, love all the details..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cover Heather. Just love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is really beautiful! The colours and styling are really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete