Thursday 1 August 2019

Happiness Is......

Hello again :)

Over at More Than Words this month, the challenge is to be inspired by the word "Happiness" and to use a gorgeous sketch by Edith Coulter. Edith's sketches - and her work - are always inspiring.

Here's what I came up with:


I was looking at my photos with the word "Happiness" in mind and I was struck by how much I adore the colours of the walls in a hotel we stayed in in Mexico. I LOVE colour. It really does make me happy!

Here's the challenge board and Edith's beautiful and versatile sketch:


I put two photos into each photo panel so I could capture the range of wall colours. I don't think I have ever put my title between photos like this so this was a bit of a challenge for me. When I found this funky Dusty Attic frame in my stash though I knew it would be perfect for the job!


I tucked bits and pieces of all sorts of things behind and around the photos. I keep all those leftover pieces from other projects in drawers and I'm forever delving into them. I never know what I might find!


These cute little houses are fussy cut from an old paper. I love them!


Another Dusty Attic chippie - I covered this heart in paper and painted the dots on for a bit of extra oomph.


So what brings happiness to your heart? We'd love you to share your project at More Than Words.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so stunning!! The colors are all so gorgeous!! I love the design of the layout, too!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the photos, the colors and that title!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page Heather! The colours on the walls are amazing .. so different from the usual neutrals you find in Hotels .. love it!! Wonderful colour on this page and a fabulous design! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yes you use color sooo well.. fabulous layout.. just love all the bits to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhh this Layout is absolutely Gorgeous Heather !! Wonderful design and embellishments. I loove it, and, yes, the colours of this hotel are amazing, what a nice place to stay.
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete