Friday 28 September 2018

Modern Vintage

Hello! Today I have a more vintage style project to share. I made this for the challenges at Mixed Media & Art and Mixed Media Place.



I made a series of ATC's, layering each stack up with gauze, chipboard and various other media. I coated the chipboard in a variety of products - gesso, Gelatos, ink and Metallic Melts - to achieve that modern vintage look. I love this effect. I actually scraplifted myself for the design of this one and taught these techniques in some classes a while ago.

I thought the title was perfect to celebrate my two gorgeous kids. The photo shows their fun personalities well.



Here's the Mixed Media & Art challenge board.

I took many elements from this board. Obviously the colour scheme was the big influence but I also added book paper, stamped moths, a single leaf and metallic affects. I was excited that they had moths in the moodboard and not butterflies because I knew I had some moth stamps - lol! Some of the moths are stamped on book paper. I even added an image of book spines but it ended up mostly hidden under another layer. The mood board creates an 'old and cozy' feel and I think my layout captures that. You can find the challenge here.

The Mixed Media Place board is gorgeous:

The theme is 'Autumn' so I chose to use autumn colours with a warm, rich feel. I took the brown and gold colours from the central photo. As much as I adore the pinks and oranges, they wouldn't have worked with the style I had in mind for this project. This mood board was all about warmth and comfort so I created my page to reflect this. You can find the challenge here.

I hope you can join in these fabulous and inspring challenges!


Happy scrappin'!


Heather




13 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is awesome Heather!! I love the rich earthy tones! Each little ATC is gorgeous in itself and they look even more amazing in a group!! Love the fun photo and the page as a whole is beautifully vintage and simply stunning!!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb creating Heather. I love the warm, earthy tones and the inspired use of ATC's. Lovely layering and the texture on the chippies is gorgeous. The background paper is the perfect base to enhance your layout and your cheeky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have somehow been missing your creations since blogger 'played up'. Love this and your work has always been so inspiring.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo fantastic layout Heather, just love the rustic and aged look you have achieved on the edges of the ATC's, and the cheeky photo on the last one makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING how you used the ATC's and loving that sweet photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather what a stunning page and I just love the ATC's. They are so beautiful. The photo you used is a great shot. I remember doing that class with you and it was so much fun. This page is as fantastic as the last one you did. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Heather everything is absolutely perfect!! .... I love the metallic effect on your edges also your embellishments.. Your kids looking beautiful together..Good luck with the challenge... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Heather, this is awesome!
    I love the composition and how you have worked with the autumnal theme
    thanks for playing with us at MMP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl, what an amazing idea, I love the little tags and how each of them is different and the vintage style just melts my heart, absolutely gorgeous in every way! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very peculiar idea! Gorgeous in the way you applied every little piece. Thank you so much for playing with us at Mixed Media and Art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, amazing work!
    Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Place!
    and thank you from MM&A))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it dear!!! It's so gorgeous and creative!
    thanks for playing with us at Mixed media Place Challenge! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete