Thursday 22 March 2018

Travel is my Passion

Hello, hello!

I got a tad excited when I saw the challenge up at 13arts. The theme is travel. Travel is my other love - after scrapping!

Here's what I made:


This is one of my favourite photos from our last trip. Durmitor National Park in Montenegro was simply sensational!

I used a few different 13arts papers for this. I tore one of them into two pieces, flipped one end over and added a different 3arts paper underneath the tear. I added retro lace under the torn edges then I hand-sewed fishing swivel things (I don't know what they're called!) across the torn section for a cool look. I love the way the ombre paper blends to a differnet green as it flows down the page.



To create my blue paper behind the photo, I took some 13arts paper in a neutral colour and painted it with 13arts Ayeeda Mist in Pastel Blue. I also used the mist as a spray around my photo and I flicked it around my elements at the end.  In keeping with the metallic theme, I added various metallic elements to the page.


I painted my chippie with gesso and Ayeeda Mist then added Metallic Melts to the bottom section for a bit of texture and interest.


I cut out a sticker from 13arts' Fly Away series and added a few fussy cut pieces from some Timeless papers.


I hope you can join in the challenge! You can find the details here.




Happy scrappin'!


Heather

13 comments:

  1. Its Wonderful! I loved how you have used the colors from the photo on the layout and the stitch,seeing for first time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is magnificent Heather, love the papers and colors and details.. love the lace peeking out under the ripped edges.. A beautiful photo on a beautiful layout... I imagine you would have a LOT of wonderful travel photos to scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING how you split the page and loving that beautiful photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous photo!! You showcased it perfectly!! The design and details are stunning!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Heather, this is just so breathtakingly beautiful, love it!! That photo just amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's stunning. I love colors and all details. Thank you for playing with us on 13 Arts blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, it's just perfect! Thank you for playing with 13art challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! We should be friends :), happy you liked my idea about new challenge by 13arts and great you could use our products too. Montenegro is on my list too :), regards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Heather 😍😍😍 So happy you played along with us this time ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning!! I love it! Thank you for joining us at 13@rts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous and love the design and layers! THanks for playing along at 13@rts :)

    ReplyDelete