Thursday 27 November 2014

Double the Fun with Scrappy Chat Designs

Hello there.

I'm here today with my first layout using Scrappy Chat Design's November "Rustic Goodness" kit. Actually, this isn't just one layout - it's a double!


I like making double page layouts. So often we have multiple photos from one event that we want to scrap and they just won't fit on one page. I could have cut and rearranged my background cardstocks so I had the same colours on both pages but I love the effect of using the same or similar products across two different coloured backgrounds to create one double page.

In this instance, I used the same Media Crackle Paste, stencil and papers, all from the November kit, across the two pages but used the kraft and the white cardstock as the backgrounds. It's interesting to see how the different cardstocks created quite different effects.

This layout could also be recreated as two stand alone pages instead of a double.



For step by step instructions on how I created these pages, and for a few tips and tricks, hop over to the Scrappy Chat Designs blog here.

I love the versatility of this month's kit! As always, there are interesting and unique products and loads of papers. If you'd like to order this kit or any others email orders.scrappychatdesigns@gmail.com.or check out the website here.



Happy scrappin'!

Heather

7 comments:

  1. Both of these layouts do look good on their own or as a double.. love your back ground details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Heather...I never even though of creating two pagers with different backgrounds...and it is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I love love love the photos, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun page and great background work Heather, lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - love the designs and those tattoos look amazing! TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The layouts are just beautiful! You are a very talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and fresh layouts! Amazing tats too....but I am poep bang (scared)!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete