Tuesday 13 May 2014

Autumn Glory

Hi there. I hope things are going well with you.

The weather is getting decidedly cooler here now as we approach the end of autumn. The other night we had a gorgeous sunset where the sun shone below the clouds, putting an eerily beautiful pink light over everything. It brought out all the pinks and reds in our garden and I grabbed this photo. I haven't touched this in Photoshop at all.

Here's the layout I made using this photo:


To make the background, I rubbed a Gelato on wet cardstock. I sprayed some sections so the Gelato ran down the page. I added a few bits of of paper and cotton but everything else on the page is from Dusty Attic!

I cut sections of the large Trellis and spray painted it white. I tucked these behind the photo. I hand painted all the other chipboard with Dusty in Colour paints, using two shades of green on the leaves for extra depth.

As usual, I couldn't help myself and added Metallic Melts to the pink flowers and the reeds. I love the way it made the reeds look fluffy and textural. The Spider Chrysanthemum flowers were a perfect match for the flowers in my photo.



I had a small section of the Ivy Corners left from another project so I painted it up and it fitted in perfectly. I used Jungle Green and Forrest on the leaves and Cranberry on the hearts. I added some Dusty in Bloom Celestial White flowers at the end and a little one from the Grassy Knoll pack too.


To make the title I painted the chippie alphas then just gave them a coat of Clear Gloss Varnish. This is the same product that I used to adhere all my chippie with. I love this product as its fine nozzle makes it so useful for adhering fine chippies and the glue is super strong. Heather's tip - store your Clear Gloss Varnish upside down. This prevents it from drying in the nozzle and blocking it. Those pink wavy chippies are pieces that I cut off the Spider Chrysanthemum that would have been hidden under the photo.


Here are the Dusty Attic products I used:

Trellis large DA1031

Spider Chrysanthemum DA1023

Reeds #2 DA1028

Ivy Corners DA1018

Mini ABC Set Upper DA0861

Mini Script ABC Set DA0859

Dusty in Bloom Celestial White DA0800
Dusty in Bloom Grassy Knoll DA0809

Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish DA0901
Dusty in Colour Jungle Green Paint DA0920
Dusty in Colour Forrest Paint DA0919
Dusty in Colour Cranberry Paint DA0910
Dusty in Colour Navajo White Paint DA0903
Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink Paint DA0907
Dusty in Colour Hot Chocolate Paint DA0923

Happy Scrappin'!

Heather










15 comments:

  1. This is definitely my new fav.. it is really pretty, and love how you have used the chippies too.. love that vine chippie the best!! and the trellis looks wonderful behind your photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love this Dusty Attic products that you have used.
    I like the mix of colors!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving those cattails!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how utterly beautiful Heather , just stunning and so magical , love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Heather; ;
    I put you in an award on my blog
    and there are some questions that I did too ... :)
    Feel free to accept or not.
    http://fazendoartecomdanicristin.blogspot.com.br/2014/05/liebster-award.html # links
    Still all very beautiful here!

    Hugs.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is my favourite time of the year. I love the colours of the leaves as they fall and your photo is a great capture. Fabulous use of chipboard to enhance your scene. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply stunning heather!!! The colours are divine and that chippie to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Heather! I love how you altered all the chipboard, especially the bullrushes...you did an amazing job with so many tiny details, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! That's a sensational photo....looks BRILL scrapped like this...those reeds...LOOOVE.....chippy is so yum...& I'm wondering if that tip would work for Glossy Accents??? What do you think????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout & lovely use of all that gorgeous DA chippie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning Heather, gosh what details and design.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dimension and garden replicas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've created the outside of your garden around the photo, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page heather, love what you have done with the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete