Tuesday 1 November 2022

ArtStacks New Deb Weiers Releases!

Oh my goodness - have you seen Deb Weiers' new releases over at ArtStacks? They're stunning! I couldn't wait to use them on my project for More Than Words. The new challenge there this month is to be inspired by the word 'Face' and to use mono-printing on your art journal page.

The challenge was perfect for these papers because Deb Weiers is famous for her faces. I chose one of my favourites - her version of Vermeer's "Girl With a Pearl Earring".


"Mono-printing' simply means any unique print, so not a bought background paper for example. My background is a geli-print that I made.

I was really struck by the fact that it took two incredible artists who painted more than 350 years apart to make this image. I used Deb's background papers, flowers and wonky circles on the page as well.

Will you join us at More Than Words this month? You can find the challenge here.


Happy art journaling!
Heather




1 comment: