Sunday 24 October 2021

Black, White and One

Hello! For the first time in ages, I'm participating in a challenge! The challenge over at Challenge YOUrself caught my eye. It's black, white and one - and you have to include yourself in the photo. I'm a bit of a fan of  black and white so I thought I'd give it a go.

We had a recent holiday in Queensland and I thought I'd scrap something from that trip but not many pics had me in them! I eventually found one, and it relates to a story I really wanted to scrap, so it was perfect.


The fun challenge about this was that the chook was purple and it was obvious that purple had to be my 'one' colour. This is not a colour I use often but I think it suited the topic well.

I had my first real play with some of the leaves from the new Trees & Leaves stack over at ArtStacks. They were so much fun! Being printed on mixed media paper, I could colour them with watercolours to match my page. I left one type white in keeping with the black and white theme.



Going to the Tambo Chook Races was a hugely funny night. Aussie friends, if ever you get the chance to go there, do it!



I'm joining in over at Challenge YOUrself.


Happy scrappin'!

Heather


 

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Heather! I absolutely love your gorgeous page. Not only is it beautiful, but it's funny and touching at the same time! Your take on this challenge is just perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, WOWZERS!!! I LOOOOVE this layout so much! Your additional colour choice is just glorious - and the way you have used it is amazing against the pops of black! I love the clean background too.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the story behind the photo as much as I love your layout.. what a fun photo.. love the flourishes under your photo and the white space looks good too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! That chicken is so cool! I love your doodling elements too - so fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never use purple so seeing this is so refreshing! I have to say I've never seen a purple chicken!! Great design and love all the layering. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of white space on this layout. Your color choice is perfect! Thanks so much for joining in at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete