Wednesday 6 June 2018

Scrapping Dr Seuss!

Hello and welcome back!

Who would ever have thought of using Dr Seuss as a scrapping challenge? Well Sandra Wallace over at Kraft Plus did! I did some online research and found some quotes that were perfect for my travel photos.


I love this quote - it's taken from "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I inserted photos into the text that matched the text, for example, I inserted photos of 'Feet' and 'Shoes' after those words in the quote. For the second part of the quote I inserted photos that were relevant to me 'steering mysef in any direction I choose'. All these photos were taken on a walk we did along the Lycian Way in Turkey. It was such an incredible walk. It was so hard to select just a few photos for this page!

I highlighted key words by using brightly coloured alphas. This is a great stash-buster!


I added in a few clouds and balloons as these feature in the book. My balloons certainly don't look like Dr Seuss' unique ones but I think it helps give the general feel of a Dr Seuss book.


Before I started this layout, I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do. I thought it would come together quite quickly, however it took ages to get all the spacings right while still keeping the design balanced. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be!

Here's the challenge board. Isn't it fabulous? You can find the challenge details here.



Happy scrappin'!

Heather

4 comments:

  1. I love your creative and imaginative take on this months challenge.. love all the different alphas you have used and great photos too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use the quote ! I love ved the use of colored alphas

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! LOVING that title work!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! I love the design, the quote, the photos, the colors -- everything!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete