Monday 16 June 2014

June sketch at Dusty Attic

Hi there,

Whew! It's been a busy week catching up after the expo at Brisbane!

One of my purchases at Brisbane was some Maja papers. I just had to give these a go because some of the girls on the Dusty Attic team are also on the Maja team and I have been admiring these papers for a while so was thrilled when I found them at the expo. Of course, I had to play with them straight away so I used them with my June Dusty Attic sketch.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my layout:


I've used a mix of new release and older chippies on this. The word and Pointer Tags are brand new and the others are all good old faithfuls that I use again and again.


The banner on the balloon is one of the mini Banners and I've painted it in Alabaster and Faded Denim paints. I've used Hot Chocolate paint on the balloon basket.


Aren't the Pointer Tags cool? I love them!


I've used Tinby Metallic Melts on the title and the remaining mini Banners. I used a combination of techniques to get the different effects on the banners. I used two colours - Glistening Snow and First Light - on the title and added Bronze on the banners. First Light has an amazing purple/blue sheen to it when it catches the light. I have coated all the coloured chipboard in Alabaster paint first which gives a great undercoat to work with. And, as always, I used Clear Gloss Varnish to attach the chipboard. It's perfect for the job!

To create the background I used two stencils - A Heidi Swapp and a Crafters Worshop - and sprayed through them with Dusty in Colour paints mixed with water. This is such a great way to get extra use from your paints. It's economical too! I was a bit heavy handed with the Hot Chocolate paint though so I just went over it with some Alabaster and it toned it down beautifully. I then applied ink through a Tim Holtz stencil behind the pics.

Dusty Attic products used:
Word Pack #4 DA1077

Pointer Tags DA1079

Hot Air Balloons DA1055

mini Banners DA 1021

Dusty in Colour Alabaster DA0902

Dusty in Colour Faded Denim DA0913

Dusty in Colour Hot Chocolate DA0923

Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish DA0901

Happy Scrappin'!
Heather


17 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the balloons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.....love the soft muted colours of the papers, great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning effect on your pieces Heather and I like how you have used your photos, beautiful and soft page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout, paper and pictures Heather. Will be a fun keepsake.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah! Tricky...I thought that bg WAS the Maja pp!!! Looks super....looooove those little mini banners & of course, the Melts take them to a whole new level....I would LOVED to have done Gym as a youngster [after ballet]...sigh...aah well....slightly too late now.....stunner of a page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, loving those colours and the touches of metallic paint/inks. I love Maja papers too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw so many wonderful papers at the show I decided not to get any papers, of course I wish I could have! Lovely background, great photos, fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is spectacular. I love the photos! They are very creatives! I congratulate you for your beautiful work!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this page Heather! - the paper is just gorgeous as are those chippies! Your daughter looks so cute too - they grow up way to fast don't they ! My kids have all done gymnastics too and now two of my older boys teach after school gym classes at the YMCA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!!! Love the colours and the touches of metal on the chippies!! Beautifully done as always Heather!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page...love these papers! I would love to get some of Maja's collections too....they are so super! Love the chippies and photies too! I have also been trying to catch up after my scrappy weekend in the Cape....hectic hectic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely action page and the hot air balloons work so well with the gymnastics. Lots of yummy chippies. Especially like the cursive titles :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this page Heather! Always look forward to seeing your work when I read the mags! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW - love this. The colours and the papers and those wonderful action photos. Then the balloon. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete