Tuesday 11 June 2013

Weekend in Brisvegas

Oh my goodness - what a weekend! I went to the scrap expo in Brisbane. It was so much fun!

I couldn't fly up til the Saturday as we had the Rockwiz crew come to Ballarat for a live performance on the Friday night. It was hysterical!

Beck and I went to the expo together and had to do the obligatory pose out the front thing...


We met up with Kaye Grieve and each did our Masters talk. It was a bit daunting but lots of fun! I'm so appreciative of the people who came to watch. My Ballarat friend, Lisa, even left her class to watch!

Some of the ladies that I with chat with online were there and it was so good to meet them. A special hello to Angela, Wendy and Lizzy C who all went out of their way to catch up.



 A special hi also to my friend Jo who I see once a year at Brisbane. (Good photo Beck!)


To those of you that could only make it on the Saturday, I feel bad that I didn't have enough time to spend with you. I'll have to make it up next year!

That night Karen Shady, Beck and I went to dinner with a bevy of scrapping beauties. Even though it was raining it was still warm so it was lovely to eat in the fresh air. We had a great night.


Scrapbooking Memories magazine was well represented - apart from Beck, Kaye and I there was also Gail Lindner.....



and Peg Hewitt.....


Sunday saw me helping out on the Manor House Creations stand for a while which was a lot of busy fun. Then it was out to explore all the goodies on sale. There was really nothing much that I needed but I managed to spend a small fortune still! Sunday evening saw a crowd pile into our hotel room for an impromptu show and tell session before we hit the town again. Naomi, Michelle and those wild ladies of the north were lots of fun!


A sure sign of a good night out!

Just to finish off a totally indulgent and girly night out, we bought churros and chocolate and ate them in our hotel foyer! Karen showed us how it's done....


The next day, after a final shopping frenzy, Marilize, Karen and I caught the train to the airport where we managed to chat loudly for quite some time before we realised we were in the quiet carriage! Whoops!

I'm so glad I was able to get to she expo and hope I can make it again next year. Woohoo!

Heather



15 comments:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time, lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to meet you and it sounds like you have had an amazing time with lots of friends and laughs!! And as for the spending.... it is only once a year so hopefully we all have not done too much damage to our bank accounts!!hehe!! I hope we can all do it again next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weekend it was Heather! Had a fantastic time with you it definitely went WAY too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, really enjoyed these photos...& a bit about the show......looks like you had a FANTASTIC time....& funny how we can spend so much when we need so little!!! Sounds like your talk went down really well...good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fabulous time. I think I saw you wander past but didn't get to say Hi. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so good to meet you Heather! I had a ball over dinner, it was so great to finally get to meet everyone IRL! I'm so glad you had a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we can say ' a good time was had by all' lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had such a great time. Really enjoyed this post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a fun weekend wish I could have been there (sigh) maybe next year. Love your photos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, looks like you all had a fab time!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my what a fun post!! I would have absolutely loved to join you girls Heather!! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meetings with other scrappers is always wonderful.
    The ladies here seem happy with the meeting, resulted in beautiful photos.
    A hug.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! It looked like a wonderful weekend!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a blast! It was such a fun evening. Looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete