Friday 21 December 2012

Still Dreaming of Mykonos

Hi there. I hope everyone's managing to keep sane at this busy time of year. It's pretty chaotic in the shops at the moment!

I received a fabulous pack full of KaiserCraft goodies from Katherine at Scrap Everything. These papers and embellies are hot off the press and I absolutely adore them! This set is called Secret Admirer Collection and has rich colourings of greens and hot pink with splashes of other gorgeous colours mixed in.

Here's my layout:


The summery, tropical feel of the papers made me immediately think of holidays. The last hot holiday we had was in Greece and, even though Greece isn't tropical, these papers work really well with my photos. I knew the stark white background of this pic would work with the bold papers but I wanted to use the hot pink paper and bright flowers and I hesitated to use these on a male page. The solution was to add mostly green to the pink paper plus splash some other colours around. I used Dylusions Ink Spray to create the spray and dribbles behind the photo then used the same colour in the title. I also created a more lineal feel by adding long, straight elements behind the photo. This helped to counteract the soft, feminine edges of the flowers.

Here are some close ups:



Nearly everything on this page is from the KaiserCraft Secret Admirer Collection. You can get them here. The die-cuts are sooo easy to use. Just layer them around the photo for a great coordinated background. All the KaiserCraft papers have a decorated strip on the bottom and I cut this up and used it as part of my background.

There's only one problem with scrapping my photos of Greece - I just want to go back!

Good luck with the Christmas shopping and don't forget to allow yourself some scrapping time!

Heather

9 comments:

  1. Great page Heather this is one of my favourite ranges of Kaisercrafts' recent releases, this and 'tropicana'. What an awesome holiday Greece would have been. Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at this makes me wanna go back with you!!!!!!!!!! Oh, it has such a 'feeling' about it, those Greek islands....ah well....& yes, you've
    'worked' the colours perfectly!!!!!! Happy christmas - thanks for your greetings....hope it's a fab fun time for you & yours:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just GORGEOUS! Wowsers! Love the design and colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gorgeous fresh colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those gorgeous brillant colours on your holiday page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love all the stunning colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful bright layout. A truly great memory to look back on ,it looks so peaceful . I don't wonder why you want to go back. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous page for this oh so fun photo. What wonderful work. I'm a new follower. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete