Wednesday 21 November 2012

My Gorgeous Aunty Shirley

I'm so sorry for the lack of action on my blog everyone! It's been so long since I blogged that I became one of those people that you check their blogs and the same picture comes up....again..... and again..... I swore I would never do that but sometimes life just gets in the way. I've had 2 kids doing exams (one did her first VCE 3/4 subject in year 11) and a sick hubby as well as a few social outings and heaps of work to do. Oh yeah - and I managed to squeeze a bit of scrapping in!

Here's one layout I made.


I love this photo! This is my Aunty Shirley at my 50th, which had a 50s theme. She came as a frazzled 50s mum, complete with an apron, curlers and a scarf over her curlers. Doesn't she look fabulous!

I used October Afternoon papers. What else would I use for a 50s theme? The papers matched her apron perfectly. I have a bit of a thing about using A4 and rounding the corners on retro pages. I kept this layout nice and simple in keeping with the theme. Those borders are fussy cut from the papers.

Here's a close-up:

That quote is so perfect for this photo!

Thanks for looking everyone - and a big hello to Aunty Shirley who will be looking at this blog for the first time! She will be feeling a bit special this week as she also appears in a layout I did for this month's Australian Scrapbook Ideas mag.

I promise I'll be back in less than a week with another update.

Heather

8 comments:

  1. wow what a treasure .. love this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Aunt Shirley...what a star:):):) LOVE the whole '50s' feel to your LO...& yep, new photo....as long as you didn't recognise me 'cos I looked years YOUNGER:):):)!!!!!!!!!!! Hope life settles down a bit....look out for more VCE stress next year, by the sounds of it...YERK:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Aunty Shirley! you look great! and I love the papers, such a fun layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Shirley is perfect! Love it Heather. I wanted to show you more of my DIL's wedding dress which she conceived, her BF drew and her cousin made. Very unique, just like her:
    http://cindyspagesintime.blogspot.com/2011/12/by-design.html
    http://cindyspagesintime.blogspot.com/2012/05/perfect-wedding-giveaway-winner.html
    http://cindyspagesintime.blogspot.com/2012/06/caped-luv.html
    There are 3 links! Thanks for asking and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely!!! I love the photo too - great costume, really looks cool even not for a themed party! Love your layout so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tribute page Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!! The paper is fab and I love how you have used it - you're right gotta have October Afternoon for retro inspired layouts ;0)
    Aunty Shirley looks fantastic, what a great costume!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete