Monday 31 March 2014

White with Latte

Hi again,

Gosh, I don't post for a week then I post twice in two days! I had to post this one today cos it's for White With 1 and the entries close today! The colour this month is Latte. (My other post for Scrappy Chat Designs is below).

In keeping with my self-imposed WW1 rule of using the colour in the title as well as the theme of the page, here's my layout:


I don't drink coffee but my hubby makes up for me. I think the other love in his life is his coffee machine! Most people agree he makes a mean coffee and when my parents come to visit they usually time it around coffee time.

Apart from the colour and theme, I've made several visual references to coffee on this page. The background is designed to look like milk and coffee swirling together. I used a mix of chocolate Dylusions inks spray and water to create a brown, swirling effect then sprayed white Dylsuions over the top. I let these merge together. I then used various lids, ends of pens etc, to create the 'froth'. I did this by stamping the lids in water then onto the page so the water took away the Dylusions colour leaving the bubbles.


The third coffee reference is the decoration above and below the photo. I used a TCW feather stencil to create that pattern that they put on the top of coffees at cafes. John doesn't do this I must add!


And a close up:


The chippies on the page are all from Dusty Attic and they are covered in Tinby Metallic Melts which will be available very soon.


I'd like to say that I've had a huge scrapping month and thought I wasn't going to get a WW1 layout made in time this month. Lizzy Hill kept pushing me though and somehow enough time was freed up for me to do it, albeit at the very last minute! Thanks Lizzy!

Cheers for now.

Heather

17 comments:

  1. This looks great, love the references to coffee/latte! and I am sure Lizzy will love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout. Like the film strip elements, the blending of the pretty colors and the smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the chevrons!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, yes! I think your John & I would get on very well....I love my machine too! But it's a cheat's version....I digress....that ink work.....amazagobs! And those melts on the chippy....YUM...& clever you, with the 'feather' design....love it...sooo glad you joined in...you've started a real tradition:):) THANK YOU:):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that looks amazing! Such an inspirational layout! LOVE the metallic melts on there and and the colours have been used so well. I know John loves his machine... I'm sure he was disappointed I wasn't a coffee drinker when I visited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing colours and references to coffee Heather, that Lizzy, she's good value for getting us going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant page Heather!! Love all the references to the coffee, so cleverly done. Gorgeous colour and fabulous finish on the chippies. Absolutely gorgeous page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Heather ! Your page is wonderfull. I look the others pages and i love your amazing imagine world. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shades of Latte!!!! Thankyou for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! Love your latte lo such a snazzy look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun layout, Heather! I love the colors, your photo, and amazing design! You are so creative, my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the title! Thanks for joining us again this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha i don't drink coffee either Heather. another fabulous piece of scrap art..

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for joining in with the WW1 fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super page Heather....love the clean white space above the photo and the brown cuppocino below! ;-) Love your styling and little bits on this page...so super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you rocked this one and I love all the references to coffee.... I don't drink it either and my Hubby loves his coffee machine and his mates all visit for his coffee.... This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete