Monday 10 March 2014

Family Glam

Hi there. It's been a busy week this week, both on the scrapping front and the home front.

Scrapping wise, I've been working on some layouts for Scrap Everything. Katherine sent me the most gorgeous products to work with. I made the layout here using the stunning Peacock Feathers papers from Fabscraps.


The feather is also from Fabscraps. I coated it with a Pearl Pen, available here then added gold and silver Metallic Melts, a kind of embossing powder that I adore, to the tips and centre. I used glitter glue to make the dots.


Don't you just love that zip? It's another Fabscraps product. You can cut it to any length which is so handy and you get two zipper pulls in the pack. I fussy cut flowers from one of the papers and filled the open end of the zip with them.


To make those 'cabochons' I took some of the French Heritage stickers and attached them to cardstock. I cut them out and applied a thick layer of Glossy Accents to the centre to create that raised effect. You can keep layering Glossy Accents (after each layer has dried) if you want to raise that centre higher.


I made the flowers from the paper as well and those little dragonfly brads are from my stash. They're really old but I thought they worked well here.

Thanks for taking the time to look. I hope you've gained some inspiration!

Happy scrappin'!
Heather

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout - love the zip! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo gorgeous....you lot come up alright with a lick & a polish....LOOOVE the zip & the feather & the whole 'glam' look of the page is totally YUM!!! I can see a LOTTA work gone into this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is just stunning Heather!! I love what you've done with the feather... & the zipper looks great too!! Such a lovely photo of the 3 of you all dressed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great page, love the peacock chippie and very glamourish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Heather! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you did with the zipper and that peacock feather chippie is FABULOUS! And I love the photo, too. You scrapped it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! (the family too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Beautiful Page Heather...wow and I'm lovin' the zip and the gold metallic melts yumm! Thank you for stopping by my blog the past few posts, I really appreciate your feedback xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love the colors, the feather and the peacock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful layout and a beautiful photo. LOVE the peacock feather and the use of the zipper. I have old zippers from my Mum's I must use them some day, you may have inspired me I think.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Heather, this looks wonderful.. glamorous indeed.. love the photo and your peacock feather is amazing.. beautiful layout..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a gorgeous lo! Love the use of the feather with the paper....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page Heather, very 'glam'!!! Love that peacock feather and the colours are fabulous!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page Heather, love the use of the zip...Gosh haven't used one of those on my page in years...add some great texture to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Heather it is just beautiful. I love the colors and the peacock feather is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty page Heather, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete