Saturday 14 September 2019

A CSI Challenge

Hi there!

I thought I'd join in a challenge this month and the one at CSI caught my eye. We held a party for my dad's 90th birthday a couple of weeks ago and mum surprised him with some gear from his beloved Bulldogs football team. The photos were quite funny, especially the one where dad put both the beanie and the cap on at once!


 In keeping with the Bulldogs theme, I swiped red, white and blue paint across the page. I added red, white and blue embellishments but had to be careful to not overwhelm the page. I made my title in gold to break up the colours a bit.


My journalling runs along the top of the page.


I love crazy stitching and have added heaps on this page. The messier stitching is, the more I like it!


I scattered stars arund the page because my dad's a superstar!


The CSI challenge I'm entering is challenge #294. You can find the challenge here.


I solved the case by using:
  • Grid pattern paper
  • Metal stars
  • Dimensional letters (Thickers)
  • Thread
  • The red, white and blue from the colour scheme

Happy scrappin'!


Heather

7 comments:

  1. First of all, I hope your Dad had a wonderful 90th birthday celebration!! The pictures are beautiful!! I love the details you added and the story behind your layout!! It's fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely layout, for the humor and great photos and the details on the back ground and the embellishing... love the colors too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belted birthday to your Dad!! LOVING his near gear from his fave team!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started scrapbooking with cm too! It was a great style to learn from. I love the mixed media feel to your page. Beautiful page! Thanks for stopping by my blog😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your Dad had a great time on his Birthday! Love the fun photos and the page is stunning Heather! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! LOVE your style, love the colors and love those photos :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaw this is just gorgeous and so special! Happy Birthday for your Dad! So awesome that your folks look so well...
    Great page and love the colours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete