Saturday 15 September 2018

Getting My Mojo Back With Art Playground

Hello!

Since I've come back from holidays I've had trouble getting my mojo back. It's the first time this has happened to me and it wasn't fun! Today however, I got very inspired by the challenge over at Art Playground. I'd like to thank them for helping me find my mojo! It's a cold, wet day here, with hail and even a bit of snow, so it was the perfect day to stay inside and scrap about a summer holiday. Here's what I created.


I almost never use purple so this pushed me well outside my comfort zone. I'm thrilled with the results though. The challenge is to use the colours from the board.

The theme to go with the colours is "Oh Blessed Mistakes", the idea being to embrace your mistakes. I was scrapping a few days ago and I started a background for another page. I worked on it before the paint was dry though and I smudged it. I couldn't rescue it, and I couldn't use the back because it had a faded secion on it, so I put it aside. When I saw the Art Playground challenge, I had an idea. I could use my mistake page to start another project.

Here's my 'mistake' page, complete with smudges and a few marks from a stencil.

For this project, I swiped gesso over most of the dodgy circles, leaving just a bit of them showing. The paint I had used for the circles was a textural one so the shape can still be seen under the gesso.

I then went crazy with purples, some pinks and a splash of orange. The hot pink and orange paper behind the photo is a gelli plate print from Fiona Paltridge that she gave me one day. I adore that colour combo! I stamped the roses, then painted them with Pebeo two-toned iridescent paint, which gave an amazing pink and purple metallic look.

In a nod to the circles underneath the gesso, I added some wire circles under my photo.



I ha so much fun making this!

I hope you can play along at Art Playground this month. You can find the challenge here.


Happy scrappin'!

Heather

12 comments:

  1. Very effective Heather,loving the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was a great save and your page looks amazing.. I hope the lack of mojo is gone now.. love the drips...and snow??? Thats crazy!! very warm and dry up my way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh blessed mistake... Gosh Heather, your mojo is back...and what a come back...gorgeous page , I love your cool design !! Thank you so much for joining us at APG!! Have a great day. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous page Heather! Love all those paint splatters! Hope the mojo is back too!! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad the mojo is COMING back!!!! YAY! I love love love love this! I rarely use purple either, but this LOOKS AMAZING on here!!! You TOTALLY ROCKED that purple!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful page Heather !! Really gorgeous , I love how you have used the purple in some elements, love the so beautiful result!
    I wish you a very nice evening, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, looks amazing!!! Purple is not my go to color but you have made it look fabulous!! Thanks for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous page Heather! Just goes to prove that we should never throw out our mistakes .. amazing what can still be done with them. I love the bright colours and the paint splatters!! Absolutely stunning save!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I love this page so much, I love purple, all those splatters look amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! I really love this page :) very cool
    thanks for joining the art playground blog's september play
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very beautiful, Heather!
    Thank you for plating with us at the Art Playground Blog!

    ReplyDelete