Sunday 9 July 2017

Roses for Kraft Plus!

Welcome back to my blog! I've been MIA for a while cos I've been travelling. I've had so much fun but I've really missed my creative time.

Sometimes it's funny how creativity strikes. I bought some bread and it came in a paper bag. I immediately thought how cool it would look as a base for a Kraft+ project! I kept the bag and later happened to put a travel brochure on top of it. I noticed how awesome the red and sepia tones of the brochure worked with the kraft bag and I was so inspired to create with those colours!

This month's challenge at Kraft+ sure was a challenge for me though! It took me a while to work out how I was going to incorporate roses in three different ways.

Here's what I came up with:


The three ways I've used roses are:

  • the title is "The Adriatic Rose"
  • I've tucked a few real rose petals around the page
  • I made small white roses with serviettes
  • there are also roses on the lace background but I don't think that counts! Hehe.
Here's a close up of my journalling:



Here's the challenge over at Kraft+ this month. Why not give it a go? You can find the challenge here.




Happy scrappin'!

Heather

10 comments:

  1. Love love love this! LOVING how you used that bag!! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had fun on your travels! I have been following along on your journey's on FB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and so very clever. How lovely to be travelling
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is so innovative to use what you have one hand.. it looks wonderful.. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a so wonderful creation Heather !! Love this recycled bread bag!! The layers and colours are fabulous!!
    Happy day !! big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wonderful to enter while away in Europe. A creative take on the challenge and it makes me wonder why I have a room full of stuff!. Thanks for joining us at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant and so very clever. Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this is different Heather and so damn sweet. Love it, love that you used a bag, thanks for playing along with us at K+

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. food packaging australia

    ReplyDelete