Hello there! I'm very excited to be sharing with you my photo tutorial in our Design Team 'Moment To Shine' series at Scrap Around The World. I used our current challenge here as my inspiration.Here's what I made:
Here's the mood board:
I was inspired firstly by those pink steps in the mood board. They immediately reminded me of the gorgeous steps everywhere on the Greek Islands &, as I have a gazillion photos of these places, I thought it was a great opportunity to scrap them. I was also inspired by the amazing blues in the flower pic.
Here's the mood board:
1. Stamp a few background stamps onto a good quality cardstock, using StazOn ink so it won't run when water is applied. Draw a few rough circles with pencil.
2. Paint inside the circles with the Silks. Add a little water to the Silks first for a more transparent look & easier application.
3. Spray a very light spray of water over the area you want to colour. Take pinches of Magicals (use gloves if you don't want to stain your hands) & sprinkle them across the wet parts of the page. Spray another very light spray on top of the Magicals. The areas coloured with Silks will slightly repel the water & Magicals, letting the circles show through.
4. Stamp a small flourish onto a few places on the background with embossing ink & apply silver Metallic Melts. Heat to set.
5.If your background has buckled, place it under a heavy weight to flatten it while you
work on the embellishments. Paint the Dusty Attic chipboard flourish with gesso & let dry.
6. Paint the Dusty Attic chipboard title with gesso then paint or ink the top half with blue. Add blue Metallic Melts to the top half only and heat to set.
7. Drop silver and blue metallic threads across the page and glue down the photo, title and chipboard flourish. These will anchor the thread in place.
8. Add a variety of blue and silver bling, write in your journalling and ink the edges of the page with blue ink. Your layout is done!
The more water you use, the more the Magicals will blend together. Try varying the amount of water you use on different areas for interesting effects.
Small details like bling & Metallic Melts can make such a big impact.
On a busy or eye-catching background, you sometimes don't need too many embellishments. A gorgeous flourish & title are all that's needed on this layout.
The products I used:
Cardstock - Core'dinations Heavyweight
Chipboard - The Dusty Attic - Wrought Iron Design Set & Dusty Curls ABC Set
Embossing Powder - Tinby Designs Metallic Melts - Blue & Silver
Acrylic Glaze - Silks - African Jade
Magicals - Lindy's Stamp Gang - Tibetan Poppy Teal
Gesso - Derivan Matisse
Inks - VersaMark Watermark, ColorBox & StazOn
Stamps - Pink Paislee, Kiasercraft & Bo Bunny
Bling - Bella!, Paper Xtra & Kaisercraft
Thread - Gutterman Metallic
Remember - there are only 7 days left to enter this month's challenge!
To be in with a chance to win 1 of our 11 amazing prizes you'll need to be quick!
You can find the challenge details HERE.