Monday 13 July 2015

A 7 Dots Challenge

Hello again. I don't know how I've done it but I somehow managed to find time to enter a challenge! I've been busting to give the 7 Dots challenge a go for ages and I've finally done it!

The challenge this month is to use the phrase 'Time Flies" as your inspiration. You can find the challenge here. Here's the Inspirational Circle:


And here's what I created:


I've gone for a funky look on this one using papers from the Destination Unknown and Thoughts Keeper ranges.  The page is about how my daughter keeps changing her hair colour. To me, it shows how fast time is flying when she seems to have a different hair colour every time I see her. The journalling reads, "....Time flies.... So many hair colour options, so little time....Time flies...."


I have been collecting bar code strips from 7 Dots papers for a while and had fun using them on this page. I cut out the colourful dots and formed a row of them which I added under a punched edge to give my page a lift. On the far left, I used a whole strip as part of my design for an interesting feature. I liked the "Destination Unknown" name on it as that describes my daughter perfectly!

The title runs from the top of the photo to the bottom.



The butterfly, the Polaroid frame, the leaves and the alphas are all from The Dusty Attic. I coated the alphas, the leaves and the butterfly in Beck BT's Tinby Designs Metallic Melts. I love that grungy, chunky look it adds to my work. I painted the Polaroid frame black and wound metallic thread around parts.

I added Magicals to the background and stamped hearts which I coloured with Silks. I also used Silks to colour the circles behind the photo and along the journalling line.




Happy scrappin'!

Heather

17 comments:

  1. HI There! Love your layout.. love the flow of the chippies under your photo and the brilliant color and those background hearts are so cute.. and yes.. my girls change their hair color too.. I never know what color it will be next time I see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and the layers!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, everywhere I look I see stuff I like! Those little hearts...the metallic winding thread....the melts... those CIRCLES.....aaaah...sigh...makes me HAPPY looking at this one. And your girl is certainly one of a kind, eh??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK WOW!!! That is one stunning LO! Fabulous colours and design. TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one Heather! what a great photo and you scrapped it beautifully, love the melts on the chipboard, great colors, love the way you used the paper too, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to love on here Heather....starting with the fab photo, the altered chippie, the hearts, the design and the paper strips. Awesome layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool and fabulous page Heather! Love the fun styling and beautiful chippie...gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh...cool page! LOVE the fun use of colours here. That frame and metallic thread is such a great design element!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely lo! i love your colors and pic! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful page!Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as always! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic layout :-) Great color combo!
    Thank You very much for joining our challenge at 7 Dots Studio :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page and great composition! Thank you so much for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME Heather! LOVE how you tied the twine around the polaroid!! Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty layout, Heather! Thanks for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio challenge!!!♥

    ReplyDelete