Thursday 8 January 2015

My 2014 Faves

Hi there!

I enjoy looking through people's favourite works for the year so I try to do this too. It's a great opportunity to reflect on what we do or don't like about our work and I see it as a chance to work out what's good and explore those themes. Things got a bit crazy at the end of last year so I'm doing it at a much more leisurely pace now!

Without further ado, here are my top dozen or so layouts for the year. I try to do 10 but there are always just those few more that I can't do without!

In twelfth place:


"I'm Creative" - a layout I made for Scrappy Chat Designs. I love the words on this - they're so true!

In eleventh place:

I made this for a commission for Australian Scrapbook Ideas. I love the softness of the watercolours and the photo. I didn't take this dreamy pic unfortunately - it was taken by the very talented Shannaya Photo and Video who kindly allowed me to use it.

Tenth:

This one was made for The Dusty Attic. Again a soft, dreamy page. I used heaps of Dusty Attic flowers and paints on this one.

Ninth:

Moving back to the stronger colours is this one using products from Scrap Everything. I made the layout for one of my Workshop Secrets articles I wrote for Scrapbooking Memories magazine. Gotta love brights sprays!

Eighth:

I entered this layout in a 7 Dots challenge. It's loaded with Dusty Attic chipboard and Beck BT's Tinby Designs Metallic Melts. The nuetral colours are unusual for me but I love how this came together.

In equal seventh place:


I have to put these two layouts as an equal placing cos they're the same layout! These are the options I gave people who took my class at the Brisbane Expo. I saw some of the layouts finished by others and they looked fabulous!

Sixth:

This layout was made for an Australian Scrapbook Ideas article on using Beck BT's Tinby Designs Metallic Melts. I love the combination of the ombre Metallic Melts effect with the spray and the edgy photo.

Fifth:

I entered this layout in the Once Upon A Sketch and Scrap Around The World challenges.  Lots of Dusty Attic chippies here!

Fourth:

Another layout from my Metallic Melts article in Australian Scrapbook Ideas magazine. I used the Metallic Melts on wire this time as well as on buttons, cardstock, stamped images and flowers.

Third:

This layout was published in Scrapbooking Memories magazine. The feathers were made using Gelatos through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.

A late addition to this list!

I snuck this extra one in here as it was only made in the last week of the year. I made it for the amazingly talented Jelissa Mei and the very last ever Once Upon A Sketch challenge.

Second:

I made this layout for my first ever DT work for Scrap Around The World. There was a tutorial for this one too. I love those butterflies!

And in first place:

This is one of those layouts that looks better in real life. I love the colours in the background and the depth and textures in the flowers. And the little Balinese girl is gorgeous too! I made this for Once Upon A Sketch

It's only now that I've put this list together that I really realise what a loss to our community the closure of Once Upon A Sketch is. These big challenge sites are LOTS of work. Fortunately, there are other good challenge blogs around but we will sorely miss OUAS.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and that you all have a truly wonderful 2015. May it be a happy, scrappy year to you all!

Heather

23 comments:

  1. You are amazing!! You rocked it this year!!! I can't wait to see what you create this year!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these beautiful layouts once again, I love one, love the diversity and different designs and techniques, you are an amazing scrapper and I enjoy coming by here so much. And yes I am missing once upon a sketch too, it was always on my list of challenges to do each month.. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should read....I love each one....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why they are your faves, they are all beautiful. Love them all, a feast of awesomeness
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could you choose just twelve and how could you rate them? I love them all. The messy one at number 12 looks just like the area I work in. I love the luminous quality of number 11 and the tranquility of 10. The vibrant page for Paul Kelly is a stunner and whats not to like about coffee in Carlton. Love the sketch for equal 7 and then 6 is gorgeous in green. Gotta love a travel page at 5 and the drippy colour on 4. Then we get to the top three. All swoon worthy and if you forced me to choose a fave it would be number two, because I'm a sucker for Babies and vibrant colour. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather what beautiful layouts! My favourite are at the seventh place! By the way, your Spanish is good, practicing you can learn, that's I do with my English although Google Translate helps a lot ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am struggling to choose 12 and I look at your beautiful work and then I struggle even more. Love your top 12 Heather...you are such an inspirational artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous collection of projects Heather! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layouts, Heather! I love the way your layering and background always looks so perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. REALLY fun looking at your faves....such a wide variety of scrappy styles....of course, it's the brights that catch my eye.....I REALLY loved that Dylusions one....I didn't get round to doing this this year....NEXT one!!! [EEEK!!! Can't believe I just projected forward ANOTHER 12 months!!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous!I think you play very well with bright bold colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....stunning pages Heather! Love them all....love your style! Amazing how 12 months goes so quickly and before we know it, another 12 will have passed! Looking forward to all your beautiful creations this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Heather! These are all absolutely gorgeous! Your favs are simply amazing. I love all of them. And yes, I absolutely agree about missing OUAS. I will miss all of the amazing inspiration I get there each month! Thanks, Heather, for sharing your talents and tutorials with all of us throughout the year. This is an awesome group of layouts and really showcases your wonderful style! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bright and Bold..... Love your creativ use of bright and colourful spraymists. Stunning work of art all of them so it is difficoult to choose a favourite as they all are uniqui in their own way

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pages and so colorful and bright!!Love them all!!!!Like that you have lot and different technics!!!Simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many beautiful creations. I agree with your number one, it's my fave too. This would have been so hard to do! The only change I would make is to bring number nine into the top 5. I just love the bright colors and the photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great top 12 list, Heather. I like that you included a variety of styles, color palettes, and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pages are always so amazing! Love your flair for colors and fun details. I don't know how you picked just twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely fabulous works of art Heather! Happy New year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Heather,your work is stunning,happy 2015

    ReplyDelete
  21. glorious absolutely glorious x
    fantabulous pieces of artwork x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! This is the most amazing array of scrappy art Heather!! Such a variety of styles too, just awesome!! Can't pick a fave, they are all stunning!!! Happy 2015 to you!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful! I remember most of them!! My fave is actually the one you put last! Don't remember seeing it before but it is very Eastern European looking! My fave style!!!

    ReplyDelete