Saturday 17 January 2015

A Tranquil Time

Hello there! I'm back with you today with my layout which was inspired by the brand new and very fabulous inspiration board at The Dusty Attic. You can find the challenge on the blog here and products available on the website here.

Here's the inspiration board. Isn't it gorgeous? Don't forget that you can win a $100 prize from Dusty Attic just by making a project using Dusty Attic chipboard and using any of these pictures, colours or words as your inspiration! I hope you can enter!


And here's what I made:


I was inspired by the beautiful water photo and the word 'tranquility'. I wasn't intentionally using the colour scheme but I ended up with many of the colours anyway!

This is a photo that I took on one of my walks around a nearby lake one day. I don't know what happened but my phone somehow converted this photo into that vintage look all by itself! I loved it and always had it in mind to scrap when the right inspiration struck. When I saw this mood board I knew it was time to get this pic out!

I used distressed cardboard and strips of paper that I had previously worked on as my background then added all my chippie on that. I spray painted my title with gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine then used Denim Dusty In Colour paint just on the lower section for a more eye-catching title.


I sprayed the chippie branch with the gold paint first then painted over it with various Dusty In Colour paints. I love that Dusty paints go over just about anything!


Don't you just adore that chippie house on the left of the photo? This comes in a pack of different shaped houses and I love them! Of course, the stunning flowers are Dusty's too!


Here are the Dusty Attic products I used:

Vine Frames #1 DA 1191

Word Pack #5 DA1046

Main Street DA0408

Branch #4 DA1182

Dusty in Bloom Smokey Blue DA0802

Dusty in Bloom Bridal Veil DA0805

Dusty in Colour paints - Denim, Gingernut, Oceania, Jungle Green and Forrest.


Thanks for dropping in for a look!

Happy scrappin'!

Heather 












11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photo, the colors and the branch and house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That title is DELISH! Love the 2 tones.....& the photo....reminds me of Lake Wendouree.....rather neat with the filter effect, LOL!!! This is a deffo fave for me. It's the ambience you've gotten on the page. LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! Love the photo, colors, textures, and chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place and a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely layout Heather! Peaceful photo, and love the chippies you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout!!!!Love the peaceful photograph and all the embellishments that u used!!!!The chipboards are fantastic!!!Love your work always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you dressed your chippies...that photo of the lake house is a dream come true and just looking at it fills me with peace. Beautiful page Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work. LOVE IT. Great photo too and I love the house chippie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - gorgeous. Love that background! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous rustic page and so love all the earthy colours! Nature at it's best! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful photo & page. Something I would LOVE to do here but nothing like that anywhere close by & not a safe thing to do in my parts. I have to wait for a week a year in our local mountains to get some truly fresh air & peace!!

    ReplyDelete