Sunday 5 April 2020

Scrapping Clearly Online Retreat

Well what a weekend I've had - and I didn't leave the house! Lol!

The Scrapping Clearly Virtual Cyber Crop was held over the weekend, replacing the physical retreat that would normally have happened at this time. Kylie Tout lined up the most amazing group of artists, from both Australia and overseas, who made videos sharing their art, their lives and their techniques. There were challenges, heaps of sharing of ideas and loads of inspiration!

One class was run by Lisa Oxley, one of my favourite Aussie artists. My daughter is stranded at home in isolation with us so she joined me in watching Lisa's video and creating from it. It's the first time we have created together in years. We had such fun! I took photos of us in my scrap room and used the art journal page I made in the class to make a scrapping page about us creating together.


I love Lisa's bright colours and I added my own touches to what she taught.


Courtney donned her bunny ears for the occassion.......


I love the layers of colour and paper.



I then got inspired by a number of different teachers, including Seth Apter, to create an art journal page. I challenged myself to use only pieces that were already on my table from previous creations. I had previously dragged out some old rub-ons so I loaded the page with those. The quote is from one of the challenges.





You can still drop over the Facebook page at Scrappingclearly Virtual Cyber Crop to see what's been happening.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

3 comments:

  1. These look great! love all the details.. and it must be fun to create with your daughter! It is good to be at home if the mojo is working, today I finally got into my scrap room!! now if I can only keep the creative juices flowing!! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AMAZING!! I love love love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather! Just stopping by to send you a virtual hug and to see how you are doing. And I see what you have been up to - creating beautiful works of art!!!! Wow! You created beautifully at your virtual crop! HUGS to you. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete