Wednesday 23 October 2019

A Very Tricksy Challenge!

Hello again! My poor blog has been missing a bit of loving lately. I've been too busy with other artsy ventures to have the time to pop in here!

Have you seen the new challenge at More Than Words? We have a choice this month - use the word Trick and/or Treat on your card, tag, ATC or postcard.

We don't do the Halloween thing where I live so I had to think outside the square for this one. At some stage the word "Tricksy" popped into my head and I knew I had to feature Gollum!

Here's my tag:


I really had a lot of fun making this. I took an old Kaisercraft packaging piece and trimmed it to size. I used my Gelli plate to make the background and could have stopped there, it was so gorgeous. I added gold stamping and some cool stencilling using two-toned metallic paint. I coated all my chippies with Tinby Designs Metallic Melts. These worked so well! I used different coloured paints underneath two different coloured Metallic Melts to get coordinating, but different, effects. The chippies are all from The Dusty Attic.


Would you believe the only difficult part of making this tag was cutting the photo! It took five attempts to get those stamp-edges straight - lol.

Will you be able to join in the challenge this month? You only have til the last day of the month so be quick. You can find the details here.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

4 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo awesome! I love love love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you created using old product, my favorite product to use :0 Great tag and so spooky!!! Thanks for stopping in today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a so so Gorgeous tag Heather !! I looove the colours, the design, all the details, and of course this wonderful photo-stamp!! Great idea !
    I wish you a very nice weekend,
    Big hugsss, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely brilliant take on the challenge Heather! You've used my fave colour and I love the metallic embossing, the touches of gold and the added texture! Totally awsesome piece!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete