Wednesday 14 February 2018

Getting My Challenges On!

Hello there! I've been having heaps of fun making a layout for a couple of challenges - CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo. I really enjoyed making this.


This is a photo I took of Kotor, a stunningly beautiful old town in Montenegro. We climbed up the steep hill behind the town and we could see right across the gorgeous bay. We met fantastic people there and have great memories of this place.

I have a bit of a thing at the moment about creating with small scraps of paper. I love the random effect this gives my work. I have layered my scraps up here with many bits and pieces - photo corners, puched and cut shapes, tabs, stickers and stitching.

At Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo, the challenge is to use masking tape. Here's what I did:

First I adhered my masking tape to a scrap of glossy paper. It has to be a paper that the tape will peel off.


I then punched along one edge of the paper with the tape on it.


Next I used a border stamp along the tape.


I then peeled the masking tape from the glossy paper and adhered it to my page. I layered it up with paper scraps and added some random stitching. I also added my journaling on torn strips of masking tape.


At CSI, I fell in love with the colour scheme. These colours are so me! I chose to use all five colours in my embellishments. I also used white gesso to stencil behind my photo and journaling.


For CSI, I also used a holiday photo and used something fringy (I'm not sure that fringy is a real word but I love it!) My fringy item is the water fountain - it reminds me of the hula skirt on the CSI image.


This is the first time I've entered a CSI challenge so I hope I've done it right! You can find the challenge details here.


It's certainly not the frst time I've entered a Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo challenge though. I love their fun and user-friendly challenges! You can find the current challenge here.



Happy scrappin'!


Heather




13 comments:

  1. Oh Heather this looks wonderful. I love the strips of paper you have used I have a box full of bits and bots from scraps and that would be a good idea to use some of them up.. great photo and love the stencilling on your page too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and how you added depth!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and happy LO! I love all these scraps :) Thank you for joining us at Scrapki Wyzwaniowo challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! The colors are beautiful!! I love the layers and the design!! And so creative how you punched and stamped the tape, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fave for me I love the simplicity and the layering of the smaller pieces. of papers. Great idea for using the masking tape. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Heather!! I love the colours and the layers of small paper you've used .. would work equally well on a card I think! Love the background paper and the stenciling! Absolutely awesome page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is gorgeous and so creative!Thank you for joining us at CSI❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Heather...that's a stunning layout! The tape trick is brilliant...so loving this! Thanks so much for stopping by...Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layout Heather! So fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the "fringy" clue! I really liked reading bout your creative process with the little strips. What a beautiful photo of a beautiful place. Thanks for playing along over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! I love all details and layout! Thank you for playing with us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....Fabulous page Heather! I love all the random bits of paper and shapes. The masking tape idea looks great, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous photo. Love the effect you created with those strips of paper and the stencil work! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete