Monday 11 May 2015

So Proud

Hi there! I'm here with you today to share my layout using the gorgeous May mood board from The Dusty Attic as my inspiration.

Here's the mood board. Don't you just love the colours?


Don't forget there is a $100 prize pack up for grabs over on the blog here.

I just had to use those gorgeous teals and greys, but I also added some red for some pops of contrast. Here's what I made:


One of my new fave chippies is this French Flourish, which I coated in silver Beck BT's Tinby Design Metallic Melts. It's stunning!


I only used half of a flourish here. I cut part of the remainder off to add to the title cluster. I coated the title with silver ink and  a sprinkling of Carbon Metallic Melts to give that grungy, mottled appearance. Dusty Attic have just released a heap of new word packs with great words like this one. Gosh they make creating titles easy! That gorgeous stamp is from IndigoBlu.


That framework behind the photo is actually the waste from an Old Wooden Fence chippie. A coat of silver Metallic Melts and it takes on a whole new lease of life! I also added a house from the Main Street set and a Him & Her chippie on the other side. To get that funky stenciling on the background, I mixed Soot Dusty in Colour paint with impasto and spread it through the stencil.


Dusty Attic products I used are:

Old Wooden Fence small DA1166
(waste only)

Main Street DA0408

Him & Her Border DA1065

French Flourish 2 DA0274

Word Pack #12 DA1268

Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow, Capri and Soot.




Happy scrappin'!


Heather





11 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful Heather.. I love how you have used the melts.. lovely photo too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous .....just came from Fiona P's blog to yours.....honestly, Aussie has the BEST scrappers.....makes me proud to be an Aussie with you lot scrapping:) LOOOOVE your melts. I finally caved and just bought one pot. There was only black or silver at this particular shop [I was over there buying pens & since I was paying for postage anyways.......] so I got silver. Hope I did the right thing! Excited MUCH now....I've been seeing you use them for SOOO long......& love the rips in your papers here, too.....And I'm with you, Dusty words ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the houses and that balloon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning LO - love the teal and coral colours! TFS and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love this page!!Beautiful colours and love what you did with the chipboards!!!!Great inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout Heather. The chippies look great with the Metallic Melts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful page, love all the chippies with metallic textures, awesome details as always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic use of the chippies great techniques on this great LO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! So fresh! Really love your metallic effect on the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pop of red teamed with teal...its perfect! Love all the chippies, the metallic looks great! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous design and the colours so great! Love the styling....a gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete