Sunday 28 September 2014

Once Upon A Sketch

Hi there,

I haven't entered a Once upon A Sketch challenge for a while but this sketch really caught my eye so I thought I would give it a go. The criteria this month is to hand write your journalling.


And here's what I created:


I really enjoyed making this layout. I got to play with my latest favourite colours, I experimented with new techniques and got to use a mix of new and older stash. What more can a girl ask for? I used Tinby Metallic Melts on the title, and the Page Pebble and words are from The Dusty Attic. The flowers are a mix of brands including Manor House Creations and acrylic flowers from Spotlight.


Don't you just adore this little girl? Along with many people in her town, she was participating in a full moon ceremony in Bali. She delighted in being cheeky for the camera while her grandmother egged her on. I had to get some shots of grandma too, to keep her happy!


Here's my journalling.

And some close ups:





Happy scrappin'!

Heather



19 comments:

  1. You know I LOOOVE your work....& I think this is SOOOO beautiful & SOOOOOO OUAS!!! If it was solely up to me, you'd be up there at the top!!! The softness, the layers....it all looks totally BRILL:):):) SO glad you decided to enter....& I know you'll pop this up on FB, right???:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OI! Heather.....make sure you link up to the challenge....can't see you there yet;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lovin the way you are using color on your layouts lately! This is absolutely gorgeous! Cutest photos and love all the flowers! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful eye catching layout. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wowwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveeeee this Heather, bright , beautiful and Belissimo !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! This is just superb! Pinned immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwww I love this layout with a lot of colours and flowers! It's very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather I am in love with your style! Your pages are so vibrant and well just gorgeous! You have a new fan! All the best! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/ drop by if you can I have a giveaway on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...this is such a delightful page! Loooove the colours, design and blooms....so fresh and beautiful! Gorgeous photo's....just a fab page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVEEEEE this layout, full of sparkle and color. These kind of layouts is what make me smile ! I like everything about it. Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. How delightful is this! I LOVE the colours and those adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A sure winner in my eyes as well!!!! Just love the little girl...and oh my Goodness on all your wonderful elements and colours!!! Amazing page! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Heather;
    loving this Lo; and all this mix of colors.
    A sweet photo also enchants me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So so pretty........amazing detail, such an adorable photo. A beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning-vibrant-colored layout! So muct to see here... Love all the elements you put in there, Heather.
    Love your pics you took as well and your story. Bali is my favorite place to go too.

    Warm regards from Indonesia,
    Eka

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is another of my faves... congrats on your win at OUAS well deserves a stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful work and I like how you've twisted the sketch.

    ReplyDelete