Tuesday 19 November 2013

It's Blueberry Time!

Hi all.

It's Blueberry season at White With 1 this month. Yes, the colour this month is blueberry. After my last month's layout where I used a watermelon photo on the layout where the colour was watermelon, I was tempted to use a blueberry photo this time. I didn't though - but I did use the word in my title!

There is an option this month to use a sketch from Creative Scrappers. Here's the sketch:


I flipped the sketch on its side and highlighted the vertical elements in it.

Here's my layout:


I wasn't planning to put the word in my title but I was looking at the photo and the word 'blueberry' was in my mind and it just happened!

To make the word 'Blueberry' that gorgeous blueberry colour I took plain white foam Thickers and coloured them with a new product called Metallic Melts. They create a stunning glossy effect on Thickers. As the name implies, they have to be melted on so they do shrink the Thickers a bit but I found this was fine. Metallic Melts aren't quite available yet but you can inquire about them at the email address on the website here.

Here's a close up:


I created the background of this layout by flipping over a stencil that I had painted gesso through and using it as a stamp to print the image onto the blue cardstock. To create that lineal look behind the pic I added torn cardboard which I painted white and some gorgeous textural white ribbon that I recently found at my LSS. I topped these with a Wow Chippie flourish which I painted black plus a smattering of white flowers. I stitched two random lines around the edges of the layout and painted the gaps inbetween with gesso using a fine brush.


And here's my journaling:


Thanks for looking everyone.

Heather

17 comments:

  1. This is soooooooo gorgeous!! LOVING the colors, the paint and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Heather! And looks like a gorgeous spot for a walk too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Heather.......looks fabulous! Love the metalic look of Blueberry....your embellishment are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely Heather, the photo and journalling and love the back ground stenciling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sooo rocked the watermelon one.....& this is gorgeous as well.....something about you & being fruity....LOL....really, really like the back to front masking idea:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Love the texture and design here....looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo... Awesome stencilling... Yummy colour... LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell him he took a great picture of you! Beautiful country. Neat effect (the shrinking) on the alphas. Great memories here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this Heather! LOL at your use of the word blueberry in the title (you crack me up!), but how beautiful, poetic and whimsical it is! Your page is gorgeous .. we so so SO need to get together for a scrapping session!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with next month's colour!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is just WOW Heather. loving it all.
    thanks for playing along.. always love your work.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page! Just love that title! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the use of blueberry, it really makes the photo pop thankyou for sharing and playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my , you do great work Heather , Love this photo and Layout , nice flourish and love the way you have worked Blueberry into the title

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are really embracing our challenged and for that we are very STOKED... thanks for taking part in this months White With 1 challenge... love what you have done with the blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning layout Heather!! Thanks so much for playing along this month at WW1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so awesome Heather love that flourish and ribbon Thanks so much for joining us at WW1 this month xx Blessings

    ReplyDelete