Sunday 8 December 2019

Snapchat!

Hello again.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

This month at Kraft+ the challenge is to use the sketch provided and non-traditional Christmas colours. The colours shown on the challenge board are pink and turquoise. My photos weren't about Chriatmas at all but they were perfect for this challenge - I had three of them (which is what the sketch required) and they were pink. Here's what I made:


Here's the sketch to use:


I have to confess - this sketch scared me! How could I put colourful photos on top of those patterned squares in the background? How could I deal with that gap between the photos?

I dealt with the first problem by not using patterned paper squares. I was at a friend's house for a meeting recently and she had serviettes sitting on the table. They had black and white leaves printed on them. I loved them so, with her permission, I took some home. (I know - I'm an obsessed scrapper!) I glued these to more solid paper then cut them into squares for the background, but this was too busy. I then cut the leaves from the square shapes, then die-cut 9 simple square frames, then added my leaves inside them. I love how they turned out! This is what they looked like on their own.


Because my photos are taller and narrrower than the sketch asked for, I had a bigger problem with that gap between the photos. I solved it by moving my title there. I used tall, skinny letters to fill the space.




Will you join us in the sketch challenge this month? You can find the details here.


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

1 comment: