Friday 1 June 2018

My Journey

Hello there! Today I have a page to share that is quite unusual for me - it is completely free of mixed media! It's a very traditional paper layout. I didn't set out to do this - it just happened!

The layout is for the new challenge at More Than Words. The challenge is to be inspired by the word 'Journey' and to use something from a map on your project.


I love the woodgrain background paper - it's on older Webster's Pages one. I thought it was perfect for the photo and the theme and I didn't want to cover it with other media. This paper range is one of my faves so I used a few different papers from it. The page is between and A4 and a 12 x 12 size. It's simply the size of the piece of woodgrain paper I had!

My map paper frames part of my photo.



I also added a world globe behind my title. The chipboard words are from The Dusty Attic. I left them bare to match the outdoor theme. The little chippie hearts are from Heidi Swapp. They're gorgeous!


Has this got you thinking about what you could create for the challenge? You can find the details here.


Happy scrappin'!

Heather

5 comments:

  1. This layout looks fantastic, I love the map paper matting your photo and the travel embellishments too.. a wonderful photo that just seems to be the beginning of a new adventure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the papers and embellishments you used!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Heather! I love the brightly coloured geometric paper agains the woodgrain .. it looks amazing! Placing map paper behind your photo and the little world globe behind your title are just brilliant!! Great photo and fabulous page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!! LOVING those colors mixed with the wood grain!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable Layout Heather !! Really gorgeous, love these papers, and all the details and composition. Great!
    I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugss, Caty

    ReplyDelete