Monday 7 November 2016

Dusty in November

Hello scrappy friends! I'm back with you today to share a layout I made using the stunning November Dusty Attic mood board.


I am so lucky - a box of brand new Dusty Attic products arrived at the post office for me last week. It was chock-a-block full of new release chippies and stencils and some top-ups of paints and varnishes. It was like Christmas!

I used the new Leaves Stencil to create the leaves on this layout. Here's how....


Lay the stencil on cardstock and dab a baby wipe in Dusty Attic's Jungle Green paint. Dab the baby wipe through the stencil. By using a baby wipe instead of a brush you will get a much crisper image.


Cut out the stencilled images when dry and you have gorgeous leaves that co-ordinate with the paint on the chippies.

For my background I applied gesso through a new Scribble Circles stencil (I can see this one becoming a fave!), then added stamping and some Tinby Designs Colour Crush for a punch of colour.

I painted the Ivy Corners #2 chippie, cut it up and placed it around my photo. I added some small Flower Layers #5 and some punched and die-cut dragonflies.





Here's the stunning November mood board. Don't forget the winner receives a $100 Dusty Attic gift voucher! You can find the challenge here.


I used the colour combo of course but I also incorporated dragonflies and painting from the mood board into my layout. The fresh blues and greens of the mood board inspired me to use an outdoor photo. 

The Dusty Attic products I used are:

Scribble Circles Stencil DA 1608

Leaves Stencil DA 1492

Ivy Corners #2 DA 1454

Flower Layers #5 DA 0889

Dusty in Colour paints in Jungle Green,
Forrest, Storm Cloud and Navajo White




Happy scrappin'!


Heather McMahon











9 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous layout, i love the photo, and love the layers behind your photo too.. great crisp colors like a granny smith apple!! love how you created the leaves.. a great tip thank you for sharing. I hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Heather, gorgeous layering and colours! I agree with Lizzy love the leaves you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this! LOVING the photo, the colors and those leaves!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning!! I love the colors and the beautiful leaves!! The photo is gorgeous, too!! What a perfect take on the mood board!! This is spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired use of Dusty products Heather. Love the technique with the leaves drifting down the page and that grand old girl of a vine standing strong in the sunlight. Gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!! Brilliant using the stencil to make your leaves .. they look fabulous!! Wonderful take on the board!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantabulous Heather! I love the leaves, what a clever idea! That title is really cool too, love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a number one mixed media artist. I love all your pretty pages and wish I could just get my hands dirty. Stunning page Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome page Heather, love the colours and how you did the leaves. XXX

    ReplyDelete