Thursday 1 October 2015

My Mood Board for Around The World!

Hello there! It's the first of the month and that means it's Scrap Around The World time! And this month is especially exciting for me as I designed the SATW mood board!

First, I'd like to share my layout.


I love the action and movement in the photo and the layout. The photo was a selfie my daughter took with her friends on top of The Luge on a trip to New Zealand. They look like they're having a blast!

Here's my SATW mood board.


It's not hard to work out which photo I used as my inspiration. I was actually surprised by my choice because when I made the mood board I fell in love with the tree image and assumed I would use that. But, when the time came to create, it was the watercolours that spoke to me. Of course, I also was inspired by the feathers (don't you love the heart shape the wings make?) and the circular elements (I sponged water through a dots stencil to remove some of the colour).

I hope you're not scared off by the bright colours! I wanted to make my mood board inspirational for all tastes. You can choose to ignore the colours completely and instead be inspired by the shapes, the feathers, the textures, the words or anything else that takes your fancy.

The feathers on my layout are from The Dusty Attic and have just been released. I adore them! I used a white paint pen to colour them then used a variety of products to colour the strands of beads. I added coordinating threads in and around the feathers.


I used Tinby Designs Metallic Melts to colour the title. I used silver on the top half and painted the bottom half black. I then added more silver Melts over parts of the black. I'm sure glad that Metallic Melts can be coated again and again because I changed my mind several times making this. There are three different colours under some parts of this title!



Are you going to give my mood board a go this month? I'd LOVE it if you did! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create!

Don't forget - we have 11 fabulous prizes to be won!

PRIZES
Each month Scrap Around the World offers 10 MERIT BASED PRIZES, 1 random prize
& 1 follower's prize so 12 PRIZES PER MONTH! All winners must be official Google Friend Connect Followers of the SATW blog {see the SATW's sidebar - top left - to sign up!}

One random winner is chosen from all the entries, but please remember that to be eligible for this, you MUST upload your entry to the SATW Facebook page HERE! The other random prize is for one lucky COMMENTER so no need to even enter a project for this prize! Just leave some comment encouragement on any of the SATW 7 monthly blog posts right HERE!

ALL PRIZES ALWAYS INCLUDE FREE INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE!!

1st PRIZE
$50 worth of products from 13@rts


{image is for illustration purposes & may not reflect exactly what you will receive}


2ND PRIZE
$35 value Goodie Bag of die-cut chipboard from Scrapiniec


{image is for illustration purposes & may not reflect exactly what you will receive}

3rd PRIZE
$30 gift certificate from Creative Embellishments



4th PRIZE
Prize package valued at $25 from 7 Dots Studio


{prize is exactly as shown}

5th PRIZE
$20 worth of chipboard from 2Crafty Chipboard


{image is for illustration purposes & may not reflect exactly what you will receive}

6th PRIZE
$15 gift certificate from Studio75



7th PRIZE
15 Euros worth of products from Scrap-Unlimited


{image is for illustration purposes & may not reflect exactly what you will receive}

8th PRIZE
$15 gift voucher from Mixed Media Place



9th PRIZE
17.50 Euros worth of products from Danafix, France.



10th PRIZE
Over $15 worth of scrapbooking supplies from Design Team member Rachael Funnell {Australia}



{exactly as shown}

RANDOM PRIZE
Scrapbook kit from Scraps of Elegance Kit Club


{The random winner will receive the SOE June 2015 kit valued at $36.95}

RANDOM FOLLOWERS PRIZE
$50 gift certificate from The Dusty Attic




The deadline for this challenge is Friday, October 30th, 2015. You can find the challenge HERE!


Happy scrappin'!


Heather

33 comments:

  1. So fun layout! I really love the mood board you designed, great bright colours. Will sure to try my best to give a go!! All the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scared no no I just loved the moodboard with bright colors and watercolors being a rage this days ..its pefect ! Loved the loosly colored bg with happy photo !the feathers bring such a lovely movement to the layout loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is fantabulous:) ADORE how you've coloured the little 'beads' in different colours and the watercolour bg is sensational....what a wonderful mood board. And so you:):) I'm having a month off not going into challenges this month....mainly cos some GFs said I couldn't last. Hmmmfff! I'll show them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your fabulous colourful page as well as the tempting mood board!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic moodboard Heather! Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Heather. Wow and what a mood board. I have to admit I thought Fiona designed it a try first glance, judging on her latest work :) Love it. This will definitely challenge me big time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather this page is spectacular in every way! I love all the colors and the movement this has yet it's not overdone...the feathers are so cool and the way you treated your title chippie is just jaw droppingly beautiful, I love it! it's so dramatic which totally suits your amazing photo, so well done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely AMAZING in EVERY possible way! LOVING the colors, the feathers and that fun photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is spectacular. I wish I could be so bold with colour. I love the way you brought the feathers into your design. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My! This is truly EXTRAordinary Heather!!
    So unique and breathtaking beautiful!!
    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is fantastic!!!i love these colours and the feathers!!!!The photo match so wonderful with your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather,
    The mood board is so gorgeous - there isn't anything that I don't like about it - lots of inspiration. And, your page is absolutely beautiful - you've picked up so much inspiration from the board. The photo is wonderful - the looks on their faces says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the splashes of color, this is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the black and white, with the splashes of color. Those lines in the background are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun photo to scrap,fantastic as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your so beautiful and colourful page !! It's fantastic !! ♥

    Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW, every time I am here, it just jaw-dropping WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic mood board. Love the colours and your water colour page is inspirational. Must make time to enter this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heather this is one gorgeous page!!! I am in awe of your chipboard feathers........amazing and the background is sensational! 💜 everything about this. Fantastic job on the moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Show the excitement of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!!!Love this page,fabulous design and details.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Merethe

    ReplyDelete
  23. merci pour votre passage sur mon blog, j'ai rectifie mon erreur
    March/corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous layout Heather! Love the stunningly beautiful and colorful background! Perfect compliment to such a fabulous photo! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazingly vibrant and lively layout! I love it! And your mood board is so enticingly inspirational! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is one cool layout! You've really captured that fun in the photo with the bold splashes of colour and the graphic feel of the page! LOVE your moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your background Heather ,you certainly nailed the moodboard t. The feathers look fabulous as well. Love everything about this. A fun , happy layout. Lizzy Hill makes you laugh doesn't she, no challenges for a month...... we will see :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  28. PS Love the photo, they really captured the moment

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG stunning stunning - did I say stunning! What a fabulous LO! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE the photo! Totally crazy and perfect! Great take on the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love this months mood board... I am not back to normal enough to be able to play yet... maybe next month. Love the colours and I just love your take on it. Just another stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete