Thursday 31 October 2013

Watermelon Joy

Hello everyone.

I'm back with another White With 1 challenge. I just scraped this one in - today's the deadline! The colour this month is watermelon.

I have a collection of pics that sit on my scrapping desk ready to be scrapped. I was looking through this pile with the White With 1 challenge in mind when I found this photo of my daughter eating a watermelon when she was little. How appropriate is that! It's not the world's best photo (it's pre-digital which makes fixing it a bit hard) but I couldn't resist using a real watermelon photo for a watermelon colour theme.

Here's my layout:


Do you like the watermelon pieces? To make them I cut a circle from white cardstock then sprayed it in the middle with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist so the spray lightened towards the edges. I then cut it into segments and drew on the seeds.

I also added some glimmer mist 'watermelon juice dribbles' underneath the title. To make the title I used a red Sharpie pen on white Thickers, fading the pen out towards the bottom so it resembled the colours of a watermelon. When the letters were dry I gave them a coat of Glossy Accents.

I've used three different TCW stencils on this page - one used with glimmer mist on the background, a triangular one (in keeping with the watermelon theme) used with texture paste behind the photo and a camera one used on the paper under the bottom right corner of the pic.

Here are some close ups:




Happy scrappin'!

Heather

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow this has turned out a real treat, Heather!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhh wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the watermelons and the drips!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather.. so glad you played along! The photo is perfect for challenge! so clever and inspiring creating your own watermelon pieces and Loving all the stencil work!
    love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! I love how you made your own watermelon pieces... and the drips are the perfect thing for this layout... Kids can't eat watermelon without if dripping down their arms!! I really love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout so fits the colour, it looks fabulous Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UNBELIEVABLE... love that you went literal with the colour inspiration... thanks for playing at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon this is pretty much perfect for this challenge!! love it! The drips down the page remind me of the drips we have down our arms of watermelon juice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Heather you are so amazing with the limited colour pallets! I just LOVE this one and how it flows with the photo AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous....a winner in my book [AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!] ...... just LOOOVE the whole concept, idea & those seeds!!!!! The patience you have, my friend:):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page Heather, so bright and such fun!! Love the watermelon pieces and the drips down the page. Really gorgeous page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of red! So cute, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you made the watermelon pieces - very inventive! Another fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG love love love !!!!! stunning thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Heather this is gorgeous!!!! I love your attention to detail!! Thanks for joining us at WW1 this month. I can't wait to see what you do with blueberry!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is so cool!! Love it :).

    ReplyDelete